offering a large range of peels which range in strength from superficial through to deep. The following are listed in terms of strength, from weakest to strongest. These treatments require a minimum of 14 days of skin prep using a designated prep kit.
1. GA40 (Glycolic Acid 40%): Assists in the reduction of mild to moderate signs of ageing. Provides superficial exfoliation and is ideal for clients experiencing an increase in fine lines and wrinkles.
2. MA (Mandelic Acid): Helps to reduce skin redness, minimise mild chono- or photo- ageing and mild hyperpigmentation. Ideal for clients experiencing redness, sensitivity or reactive skin.
1. JR (Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, and Resorcinol): Reduces the appearance of superficial hyperpigmentation and provides a superficial exfoliation, improving skin tone and brightening skin. Designed for patients experiencing superficial hyperpigmentation from Chrono- or photo-ageing or sunspots.
1. TCA-LP, TCA, and TCA strong (Trichloroacetic Acid): Helps with moderate hyperpigmentation, fine lines, small scars and coarse wrinkles. Provides medium depth exfoliation. Ideal for clients experiencing moderate to severe hyperpigmentation and more pronounced visible signs of ageing.
2. Enerpeel EL for Hands, Neck, and BC: These peels are a combination of different acids. They can be used to help decrease hyperpigmentation and appearance of wrinkles and signs of ageing on eyes and lips, hands and neck as well as oily, blemish prone skin on the back and chest.
Dermaceutic Laboratory Professional:
Clients are required to prep on a pre-treatment kit for 10-14 days prior to treatment.
1. Dermaceutic Milk Peel: A Milk Peel treatment is suitable for all skin types and phototypes. It is a safe and easy, with no downtime and little to no shedding. It is ideal for clients looking improve fine lines and wrinkles, restore a radiant complexion, even out skin tone and regulate oily skin and enlarged pores. 2-3 treatments recommended for optimum results.
2. Dermaceutic Mela Peel: Ideal for the treatment of pigment spots, epidermal melasma and post-inflammatory pigmentation. Promotes a homogeneous complexion and improves skin radiance.
Why do we peel?
As the skin ages, a number of different changes occur. It thins and loses elasticity which in turn causes small lines and wrinkles. With repeated sun exposure, which is so common in Australia particularly, aged skin can also become blotchy and freckled.
Chemical peeling is a way to remove the damaged, superficial layers of skin which appear as the skin ages. It reveals a new layer of healthier skin, with improved elasticity. This results in a softer, and more even complexion, as well as encouraging the growth of new cells, pumping and tightening the skin along the way.
How do we choose the right peel for you?
There are many different types of peels ranging from superficial to very deep. The degree of damage your skin has will determine the type of peel our clinicians choose for you. As a general rule, the more damaged your skin is, the deeper the peel required to improve it.
There are always, however exceptions to the rule, and your clinician will make this decision based on your main skin concerns and the health of your skin’s barrier function.
Most of the peels we use in clinic are recommended in a set of three spaced three to four weeks apart. This again is conditional on an individual’s Fitzpatrick skin type. Click here.
What peels do we use?
We have 4 different peel ranges that we use in clinic, with a number of different types of peel under each range.
Rationale Enzyme Re-activators:
Designed for clients prepped on the Rationale Essential Six (E6) for a minimum of 7-14 days. Suitable for Fitzpatrick types 1-4. Some patients will see flaking post treatment others will not. The treatment is still effective even if flaking is not visible.
1. Lactic Acid (LA) – The addition of Rosewater and amino acids help to hydrate the skin without irritation resulting in smoother softer skin. This peel helps with the reduction in blackheads and pimples, and reduces the appearance of enlarged pores.
2. Salicylic Acid (SA) – Great for treating Acne, Seborrhea, blackheads, clogged pores and excess surface oil. When performed on a monthly basis clients notice a significant reduction in the number of blackheads and pimples, clearer and less visible pores and a reduction of oilyness.
3. Pyruvic Acid (PA) – Isotropic formulations make this new generation of Enzyme Reactivators more effective and less irritating. When performed on a monthly basis, clients will notice a significant improvement in the signs of sun damage. It soothes and refines the appearance of rough textured skin and improves sallow complexions by stimulating the skins micro-circulatory system.
Synergie practitioner peels:
Ideally designed for people who have been using a prepping kit for 7-14 days.
1. Enzyme Hydropeel – Suitable for sensitive skin and high Fitzpatricks. This peel is an effective introduction to creating a brighter and more even textured skin. Ideal for sun damaged or hyper pigmented skin, Acneic and congested skin or ageing skin. No prep is required for this treatment. Best results seen after 4-6 treatments.
2. Lactic Acid Peel (20% – 60%): Synergie Lactic Acid peel series are highly effective and more gentle than the traditional Glycolic acid peels. Lactic acid is the only AHA which occurs naturally in our skin, meaning it is naturally metabolised by our cells. This peel de-congests the epidermis, stimulates the production of new skin cells and increases the natural moisture factor. Ideal for clients with congested or acne skin, hyper pigmentation, sun damage, ageing skin or dull lifeless skin in need of a boost.
3. Jessner Power Peel with Kojic Acid: This peel is an excellent choice for clients with sun damaged and ageing skin, cystic acne, oily and acneic skin types and combination skin types prone to breakouts. This peel contains Kojic acid which is a powerful inhibitor to address hyperpigmentation and sun damage. Due to the strength of this peel it is recommended that a test patch is performed prior to treatment.